Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"We aim to please, Miss Stelle."  ...and boy does this book ever do so!  If you've read the first book and enjoyed it, most likely you were among many that had to have this book almost immediately!  Nothing else would do!  I tried... oh, how I tried to find something else to appease me.  I had book reviews to work on, personal "issues"... but the red room beckoned to me.  "Read," it said, "you know you MUST know what happens..."



As with the first book, the same is true of this one.  Emotional, romantic, soul-searching, psyche-exploring, mind-bending, "sex mad and insatiable" book!  It's the perfect second book for the series.  We still have a f$cked up 50 shades, awkward Ana... I laughed, I crying, I held my breath.  I combusted with desire, and died a little when submissive Christian sank to the floor.

I love this book, I love this series.  This book takes a significant step away from BDSM as a focus, and instead places it solely on the relationship between Christian and Ana.  If you loved the first, you absolutely cannot miss this one! 

Now, I must dance off with my Kindle and copy of Fifty Shades Freed... to hole up in my own red room, with Christian and a brown braided leather riding crop.  Once again, I say... if you are on the fence about this series- get off!  It must be uncomfortable up there.  Much less comfortable that the love story that unfolds in these pages.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment