Thursday, June 26, 2014

Say When to Ridge ~ NA Crush Tourney 2014 Round #1 Match #7


Howdy y'all!  Alana here from Dark Obsession Chronicles, A Diva a Day, GoodReads, and all-around book pimp.  Not only that, but I live in Austin, TX where my crush from the NA Crush Tourney 2014 -Ridge from  Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - lives.  Seems fitting that Ridge lives in the live music capital of the world; I'm not just whistling Dixie about his swoon-worthiness, so let me show you why...

One Word: Guitar


Y'all know if a guy can play a guitar, his swoon factor always goes up.  It's a universal 'boy-truth'.  But pair that with the fact that just the sheer fact of Ridge to be able to do that?  *knees grow weak*  I would venture a guess that every modern women has had at least one 'musical' crush at some point.  It's practically encoded into our DNA to melt when a guy plays a guitar.  And boy, oh, boy - the way he plays it!
"I realize he's playing with both hands, one from underneath my head and one over me,  his head is against my chest, and I can heel his hair brush my neck.  He's pretty much sprawled across me in order to reach his guitar with both arms."

I wish I could make a video half has wonderful as this one, and instead of making a mediocre attempt, let's just see Ridge in action in this video created by MollieK featuring music from the book's soundtrack.




SONGWRITER
That brings me to hot fact #2, not only does Ridge play the guitar, but he writes his own music and lyrics (when not plagued by writer's block.)  OK, now picture, if you will Ridge writing these words, for you...

"But I must confess my interest
The way that you move when you’re in that dress
It’s making me feel like I want to be
The only man that you ever see "
I'm in Trouble
"I want to be your end
But you gotta let it begin

So won’t you
Won’t you let it begin
So won’t you
Won’t you just say when"
- Let It Begin

Writing lyrics is a very intimate thing...
 "Oh, Lord. What is he about to do?  Put his hands on me?  Does he want to feel me sing this song?  Feeling requires touching, and touching required hands.  His hands.  Feeling me."
Now that you've got another peek at the oh-so-talented Ridge, let's catch another video of my favorite song written by Sydney and Ridge (during Maybe, Someday), performed by the actual writer Griffin Peterson.  This beautiful man is the voice behind the soundtrack, and I think he makes a great Ridge himself (with the obvious main difference).  This song, of all the music from Maybe, Someday, makes me think of Ridge and swoon.



“… holy crap.  He’s beautiful.”
I know, you're saying, "OK, we get it, but what does he look like?  Is he funny?"

 He was hot enough to make Sydney gasp, full-on gasp, when she first saw him up close and personal.
 "I don't think I've ever seen eyes that can actually speak."  Unruly light brown hair, even the 'whore' thinks Ridge is "hot", his arms "look as if they were built for the sole purpose of carrying a guitar" and he looks "incredible" on stage.  *Sigh*  So, he's not an unattainably famous rock star, but rather a really hot boy-next-door with some serious talent.  He's considerate enough to let you lounge on the bed while he sits on the uncomfortable floor.  Funny?  Considering the long-standing prank war in the apartment, he is ready to create humor at a moment's notice.  Got an ex-boyfriend that needs punishing?  Ridge will show you the merits of duct tape and fish; just don't leave any Sharpie markers lying around in his arm's reach.

“I failed miserably at trying not to fall in love with you."  Me too, Ridge, me too.



To quote Sydney, “Oh, my dear sweet baby Jesus in a wicker basket."

He is the total package here ladies!  Smart, dedicated, loyal, talented, funny, he's one fast texter, and he's a little bit evil.  The evil bit is one of my favorite parts.  There is simply not enough time and space to contain the enormous swoon of Ridge.  He even finally 'gets' us girls...
“I've done nothing for the past five years but try to be the hero who protects her. The problem? Heroines don't need protecting.”
See how great he is?  There is no doubt you can see!
Won't you say 'When' and Vote for Ridge?
Show your support on Twitter #SayWhenToRidge

.... And after all this (which I tried Oh-So-Hard NOT to include spoilers) you still haven't read Maybe, Someday.  Stop.  Whatever you are doing... stop.  (Well, unless you're driving and that would cause an accident, but in that case- you shouldn't be reading this right now anyway!)  Go immediately to your bookseller of choice, and get the book.  Seriously.  *Taps foot*  You don't wanna miss this!

My Thoughts on Maybe, Someday:

Just read it. If you like New Adult, and if you've liked Colleen Hoover before... just stop bothering with reviews and read it (or listen to it- great narration!)

If you MUST have some kind of idea going in: I will warn you, this touches (and more) upon the subject of cheating. Don't get your panties in a wad yet, though. Even if you don't generally read 'cheating' romances, this may well still be the book for you. It gave me chills. I was rooting for EVERYONE. Even the bitchy roommate, but not the evil slut former roommate. My heart both bent and broke, and I didn't want it to end. Exquisite pain that was worth every second.

Just do it. Just read it. Grab the seat of your pants, swoon, and mouth "I Love You."




No comments:

Post a Comment