Friday, November 2, 2012

Softly at Sunrise ~ Gateway Drug into KGI Series!





This is a novella from the KGI Series, #5.5 just before the release of #6, Shades of Gray in December.

I want to thank Stephanie with Blue Fountain Media and Maya Banks for allowing me to read this novella!

The purpose of a novella is to give you a 'taste' of the series, of the writer, and especially, to wet your appetite for more of their books.  Softly at Sunrise meets and exceeds these expectations, leaving me salivating for more of her books.

I went into this read entirely cold, having not read any Maya Banks book previously.  She had been on my To Be Read list for ages, but it just hadn't happened yet.  I was a little worried, being unfamiliar with the series and jumping right into #5.5.  There was absolutely NO problem whatsoever following along without the previous books.  However, I would highly recommend to any reader interested in the series, but in the same position I was in to start with book #1.  While following the plot and characters is easy, there is much of the back story touched upon that I wish I could have read first.  It may not be as emotionally charged for me knowing what happens further in the story.

There was romance a-plenty, despite the hints of their tortured past.  The Kelly Family is a tight knit group of hot special ops trained men (primarily.)  That lends itself nicely to alpha male eye candy promises for the entire series.  Rachel and Ethan's story is not your usual fairy tale... the antithesis, in fact.  Divorce, and even death itself all was just the tip of the iceberg of hurtles for this couple to overcome.

I am also always fearful with a novella, that it will have next to no plot, or have a huge cliffhanger... you never really know what to expect.  Rest easy and fear not, there is action, romance, plot, an entire story that leaves you wanting more and no cliffhanger ending.  Just the lingering yearning to check out what all those Kelly boys are all about in the KGI Series.  I will most definitely be reading more by Maya Banks.






No comments:

Post a Comment