Saturday, September 8, 2012

Making Connections ~ Tangi's Teardrops





Synopsis:

When Tangi's father dies, he leaves her nothing but three empty bottles. A kind uncle takes the poverty-stricken girl and her stepsisters in, and for a time life gets better on his farm. But Tangi remains a lonely outsider; her stepsisters tease her for her crippled leg, and the housekeepers use her like a servant.

Just before her thirteenth birthday, Tangi learns the truth about her father's strange legacy: the three bottles aren't empty any more. They're filled with all the tears she's cried since her father died, and her tears are enchanted. She must use them to travel to Rosevine, the world of her dead mother. Tangi not only belongs there but is necessary to keep Rosevine alive.

Tangi's tears will save Rosevine, and Rosevine will save Tangi from a cruelty-filled life, except for one thing: Tangi's lost the bottles.     


I was able to get the opportunity to interview the author, Liz Grace Davis
 And I can't do anything average, right?  So, fun questions it is!
What are you reading right now?  (Other than this question....)
The text message on my Iphone. JokingJ.  I’m reading Not What She Seems by Victorine Lieske. I love tingles down my spine.



Do you use multimedia (pictures, music,or other) to assist you with writing?
I admire pictures of possible characters only before I start writing, to avoid getting carried away. But I sometimes listen to music. I love country.


What's your favorite quote (from any source)?
Thank God for dirty dishes; they have a tale to tell. While other folks go hungry, we're eating pretty well. With home, and health, and happiness, we shouldn't want to fuss; For this stack of evidence, God's very good to us. -John Mason-


Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek. I haven’t watched it but I think the characters look better.



How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
Hmmmm…a Tootsie Pop is a sweet right? We don’t have them over here in Austria. Hang on, I’m going to google it. Yep, I get the question now. Actually, I’m not a sweets kind of person but when I do eat a lolly pop, I never have the patience to lick it. I always end up biting through it to get to the center lol.



As a child, what did you want to be growing up?
I just wanted to be safe, fed, and happy. Read Tangi’s Teardrops to understand why. It’s inspired by a sad part of my childhood.

Geek: Hot or Not?
There are some geeks out there who are really smoking hot. So, HOT.

Liz Grace Davis grew up in Angola, Namibia, South Africa and Germany. She now lives with her husband in Vienna, Austria.  

Growing up, Liz spent most her days in libraries, diving into the world of books. In her spare time she reads a lot, travels, creates jewelry and designs digital scrapbooks. That's of course when she's not weaving stories. She's in her element whenever she is doing anything that requires creativity.  

Liz is the author of a young adult fantasy novel, Tangi's Teardrops, and a romantic women's fiction novel, Chocolate Aftertaste.

Contact info: 




Email: Liz_davis1@yahoo.com 


Purchase Links: 



Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/152999

1 comment: