Saturday, February 11, 2012

P.A. Lupton is BOUND to give us some answers!

Bound by Blood (The Garner Witch #1)Bound by Blood by P.A. Lupton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





I am just SO EXCITED that I was able to talk P.A. Lupton, author of Bound by Blood (Book One of the Garner Witch Series) into granting me my very first interview for my blog!  If you have not yet had the pleasure of reading her book, it is only $0.99 at Amazon (see link at bottom of article.)  At that price, it is an absolute steal for the amount of entertainment you will get out of it!  And with no further ado.....

First of all, a little background on P.A. Lupton from her own website.  For a link to her website, please see the bottom of the interview.  

Bio Page

p.a. lupton - picture of the author
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Ever since I can remember I’ve had an addiction to books, and from the moment I picked up my first Anne Rice novel, I was hooked on the paranormal. The compelling lure of the paranormal world is irresistible. It is a world where anything and everything is possible, and the boundaries of humanity need not apply. A world in which life spans are measured by centuries and millennia, rather than decades, and a woman can possess inhuman strengths and kick major ass, yet still retain her innate femininity.

Why Vampires? They are the ultimate bad boys.

Women love a dangerous man, and what could be more dangerous than a vampire. Vampires embody everything we crave about the stereotypical bad boy. They exude confidence and sensuality. They are exciting, mysterious, and the epitome of masculine perfection—strong, youthful, and indescribably gorgeous. What’s not to love?
My first novel, Bound by Blood, combines my two favorite paranormal legends: witches and vampires—with a little romance thrown into the mix. I hope you enjoy it.

P.A. Lupton is BOUND to give us the dish on the Garner Witch Series!

1. So, I understand being a writer is not your "day job". What made you take a chance on your dream and get Bound by Blood published?

I wasn’t sure when I started writing if I would ever attempt to publish the book. At first I just wrote something I would want to read. Then I let a few friends read the story and they all encouraged me to publish it.

2. For all other aspiring writers, how hard was the publication process and do you have any advice for other would-be authors?

Publishing my book wasn’t difficult, in fact it was easier than I expected. However, I found finding a good editor was the hardest part. The only advice I would offer other writers is don’t ever give up. If you want to be a writer just keep working at it.

3. I'm sure many of the readers loved Bound by Blood want to know- when is the next book in the Garner Witch series coming out?

I am hoping to have it ready by March but it really depends on how the editing goes.

4. Were any of your characters inspired by, even in part, anyone in particular?

None of my characters were inspired by one person in particular. However, the heroine Brianna I would say was inspired by many of my favorite female heroines. I especially love kick ass women like Buffy, Cat from Night Huntress, Mercy Thompson, and Cyn from Vampires in America. Her character wasn’t inspired specifically from any of those women, but I definitely wanted similar character traits, I especially wanted her to kick ass like Buffy.

5. Do you have a favorite character from Garner Witch, or one that you especially enjoyed writing?

All of my characters feel real to me. They’re like my babies and I can’t choose one that I love more than the rest. I enjoyed writing about all of them.

6. Do you have a 'set' number of books planned for the Garner Witch series?

Not really. I have the second book almost completed and the outline for a third. After that I was toying with the idea of writing about some of the secondary characters like Morrison and Hayley.



7. How do you handle feedback/reviews, both good and bad, on your work?

Obviously I love the positive feedback. Knowing that readers enjoy the book makes all of the work that went into it worthwhile. At first the negative feedback was disheartening, although most of that was due to editing issues. I’ve resolved that problem now that I’ve finally found a good editor. Bound by Blood is being re edited right now and the revised edition should be out within the month. Still, I understand not everyone has the same tastes and some people aren’t going to like the story. That’s simply a part of writing and I accept it.

8. How many projects/manuscripts are you currently working on?

I write all the time and it depends on the mood I’m in what I write. I have the second Garner Witch Book currently on the go. I also have another manuscript that is another paranormal first of a series that I am finishing up. I am also working on something that isn’t Paranormal, but I don’t know if I’ll try to publish it when it’s done.

9. Are there any authors, regardless if you know them personally, that you would consider as a mentor for your writing?

There are a few. Anne Rice is the author that first got me interested in this genre so I definitely look up to her. Jeaniene Frost is one of my favorite authors and if I could write like anyone it would be her.  I love her witty, humorous dialogue and she creates the best characters. Amanda Hocking is the author who inspired me to self-publish my book. Despite plenty of rejections she never gave up and has become a huge success on her own. If I could emulate anything it would be her determination.

10. What are your favorite books and authors for your personal reading?

As I mentioned already, I love every Jeaniene Frost book. Her Night Huntress series is my favorite. I also enjoy JR Ward, Nalini Singh, Gena Showalter, Kerrelyn Sparks, and Lara Adrian. For non paranormal books my favorites are EL James and the Fifty Shades trilogy. Loralei James is another favorite with her Rough Riders series.

11. How do you balance your free time to include caring for your family, reading and writing?

I tend to sacrifice a lot of sleep, and I’m also pretty good at multi tasking. My kids are in a lot of sports so during their practices and work outs I can often be found with my reader in hand. Luckily I have an extremely supportive husband who is always trying to make things easier for me.

12. Do you have a favorite vampire character?

Definitely Bones from Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series. He’s sexy, strong, arrogant, funny, and I love his relationship with Cat they are amazing together.


P.A. Lupton has her own website with information on her work, and links to buy Bound by Blood.  Check it out!
www.P.A. Lupton.com

P.A. Lupton is a GoodReads Author too

5 comments:

  1. Great Interview PA and Alana. I really enjoyed...
    congrats on your first interview Whip!

    PA I'm totally curious about your non paranormal book...love to hear the detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Nathan and Brianna and I enjoyed the whole story concept of Bound by Blood. I can't wait for book #2.

    I am curious what was the inspiration behind creating Brianna's specific powers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Alana and PA. I am going to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this book. great interview!!!!

    BTW you´ve been tagged on the book tag lol!!

    http://karlacc-bookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been awarded 2 blog awards! I wanted to share your blog because I really like it. Hope you don't mind. I hope you participate so I can see what blogs you choose. Go here to check everything out!

    http://thinksbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-two-awards.html

    ReplyDelete